Vickys Scottish Marmalade Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Scottish Marmalade Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Marmalade Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 200 grams of self raising gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if it's not already in your flour mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed spice.
- Prepare 100 grams of caster sugar.
- You need of zest of 1 orange.
- Prepare of zest of half a lemon.
- Prepare 100 grams of mixed dried fruit – raisins, currants & sultanas.
- You need 140 grams of dairy-free spread/butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of orange marmalade.
- You need 125 ml of light coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of icing/powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of light brown soft sugar.
Vickys Scottish Marmalade Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 160C / 325°F and grease & line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Put the flour, spice, sugar, zests and dried fruit into a bowl and stir together.
- Melt the butter with 2 tbsp of the marmalade in a small pan, add the milk in then stir it all into the dry mixture.
- Add the vinegar and stir around 7 times then quickly pour into the loaf tin and put in the oven. Bake for an hour or until it tests done.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp marmalade with 2 tbsp water and the icing sugar until the mixture turns syrupy and bubbly.
- Remove the cake from the oven, pour over the glaze and sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Let cool in the tin.