Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles. It's spicy-sweet, healthier than the classic Chinese takeout dish, and one of my favorite tofu recipes. Bake the tofu or pan fry, add blanched veggies, make a sandwich or wrap. If I could just grab this General Tso's Tofu Sandwich off the screen I would!
The tofu is oil free and air fried! You can use any air fryer you have, mine happens to be Philips! Drain tofu and wrap with some paper towel and place a salt container or anything that has a weight on top of the tofu. You can cook Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles
- Prepare of Tofu.
- You need of Broccoli (or any vegetable your desire).
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- It’s of Soy sauce (gluten free).
- Prepare of Powder Ginger.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Toasted sesame seeds.
- You need of Agave or Sugar.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Vegan asian noodles.
- You need of Sunflower oil or similar.
Going out to Chinese food was always one of my favorite, but as I got healthier, my stomach couldn't take the fried food and loads of salt frequently found in these restaurants. In comes Chloe Flavor, the new cookbook by vegan celebrity chef Chloe Coscarelli. Spicy-sweet, protein-packed, and a healthier spin on takeout! Much like Singapore Noodles, I had never actually tried General Tso's stir fry before.
Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles instructions
- Use extra firm tofu. Drain and cover in paper towel to remove moisture. After, cut into bite size cubes. Place corn starch in a bowl. You can add seasoning to the cornstarch if you desire. Cover the tofu cubes in the cornstarch shaking off extra powder..
- After all tofu has been prepared, heat oil in a shallow pot on high heat. Carefully fry the tofu. Be mindful that moisture can escape tofu into hot oil and it can burn you. Fry until golden and crispy. When done set aside..
- Blanch broccoli. Don't over cook. Set aside..
- In the mean time prepare the sauce in a bowl. I do 2 tbsp of soy sauce to 1 tbsp of sesame oil. 1/2 tsp of ginger. I either use agave or sugar to balance the saltiness of the sauce (add as little or as much depending on your preference. I like mine a little sweet) Add 3 tbsp of water to dilute sauce..
- Cook noodles as per instructions. Once all of the cooked ingredients are done; heat a wok or pan adding the Broccoli and tofu. Add the sauce and noodles and let it cook down until it thickens..
- After plating, garnish with sesame seeds and eat!.
But from what I hear, it's traditionally lightly battered and fried chicken tossed with a. Even though I've eaten General Tso's Tofu before and loved it, I've never tried to make it at home. If you love sticky, sweet, spicy food then you'll enjoy this recipe for Vegan General Tso's Tofu from the Chloe Flavor cookbook. The Best dan dan Mian dan dan Noodles. PagesBusinessesFood & drinkSeonkyoung LongestVideosVEGAN General Tso's Tofu 🌱.