Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large batch and enjoy throughout the week! We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the store-bought version. Instead of using shredded vegan cheese.
Set the soup aside and rinse out blender. A classic favorite, broccoli cheese soup was one dish I missed after going dairy-free, so I worked hard to come up with this deliciously satisfying vegan version that is loaded with flavor by the spoonful. I make a lot of soups, and this cheddar Vegan Broccoli Soup is my husband's absolute favorite! You can have Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- It’s 4 of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 of carrots or about 14 baby carrots, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 cups of regular (unflavored, unsweetened) non dairy milk.
- It’s 1-2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli florets.
This Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup is loaded with cheesy goodness and totally dairy free! But I did love broccoli cheddar soup, and really any creamy broccoli soup. I'd buy the cheap canned stuff in college, and later ate it frequently at one. This broccoli cheese soup recipe is a healthier take on the classic!
Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup instructions
- In 2 separate pots, bring water to boil..
- Cube carrots and potatoes..
- In one pot, add the carrots and potatoes. In the other pot, place a mesh strainer in that hangs over pot edges and above water, and place broccoli in strainer to steam..
- Cover both pots and cook for 10-15 minutes until potatoes and carrots are soft..
- Remove potatoes and carrots from heat and place in blender. Add a 2:1 ratio of dairy free milk to vegetable stock (ex. 1/2 cup milk + 1/4 cup stock) until liquid almost covers veggies. The exact ratio will depend on how big or small your potatoes are..
- Add nutritional yeast, lemon, salt, pepper, and remaining spices to blender..
- Blend on high speed for a minute until soup runs smooth..
- Pour soup into large serving bowl or straight into chowing vessels and add steamed broccoli. Makes 2 just soup servings, or 4 side servings..
Loaded with fresh broccoli and lots of hearty veggies, it's a cozy Overwhelmingly, people asked for a healthy/vegan version of broccoli cheese soup. It's essential for mimicking the rich, complex flavor of sharp cheddar cheese. This Cheddar Broccoli Soup will warm your tum without violating your dietary principles! High-carb, low-fat, full of veggies, and Kim's Lavender Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls. And lastly…my HCLF Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup!