Couscous Sweet Potato Boats. Benefits of sweet potato Sweet potatoes (also called kumara) are rich in vitamin C, B vitamins, manganese and beta- carotene w. Fill the boats with couscous, roasted chickpeas and garnish with fresh herbs and your dressing of choice. Benefits of sweet potato Sweet potatoes (also called kumara) are rich in vitamin C, B vitamins, manganese and beta-carotene whi.
Delicious and made with better-for-you ingredients. Once the couscous is fully cooked, you'll add in some pesto + lemon juice, then the base of. The Best Sweet Potato Couscous Recipes on Yummly You can have Couscous Sweet Potato Boats using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Couscous Sweet Potato Boats
- Prepare of Boats:.
- You need of Sweet Potatoes, 2 Large.
- It’s of Couscous:.
- You need 200 g of Cauliflower Florets,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Olive Oil,.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- You need 20 g of Sundried Tomatoes Coarsely Chopped,.
- It’s 20 g of Kale,.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Cumin,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- It’s Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- It’s of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Prepare of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- Prepare of Assembly:.
- Prepare of Vegan Cheese Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Scallions Finely Sliced,.
Fluff with a fork and season. Chop sweet potato, put in a pot with barely enough water to cover. Add salt, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer (just under medium temperature, not Cook couscous by placing in a bowl with equal amount of boiling water and covering immediately. Leave to cook while potato is simmering.
Couscous Sweet Potato Boats step by step
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2017/03/06/luva-grilled-pizza for the vegan cheese sauce recipe..
- Prepare the boats. Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius or 400 fahrenheit. Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly, keeping the skins intact..
- Using a fork, poke the potatoes. This will hasten the roasting process. Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Wack into the oven and bake for about 1hr or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Prepare the couscous while the potatoes are roasting. Transfer the cauliflower florets into a food processor..
- Blitz until fine, almost resembles like cooked rice consistency. *Do not over blitz as it will form a paste.* In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil. As soon as the oil is heated up, add in garlic..
- Saute until aromatic. Add in sundried tomatoes and kale. *To prepare the kale, remove and discard the stalks. Take a large bunch of the leaves, squeeze and chiffonade.*.
- Saute until the kale has wilted slightly. Add in the cauliflower. Saute until well combine. Add in cumin..
- Saute until aromatic. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat..
- Finish off with fresh lemon juice and zest. Toss to combine well. Set aside until ready to use..
- Assemble the boats. Transfer the sweet potatoes onto serving plates. Slice the potatoes open with a sharp knife..
- Be extra careful as the potatoes are extremely hot.* Scoop the couscous into the sweet potatoes. Drizzle the vegan cheese sauce over the top. Lastly, scatter scallions over the top. Serve immediately..
Serve sweet potatoes with a healthy scoop of couscous and lemon yogurt. Tag @naturallyella on Instagram and hashtag I love sweet potatoes. I wanted to make the tomatoes but couldn't find za'atar at the grocery store. Thanks for giving the recipe to make this spice mix. Add the capsicum and sweet potato and continue to cook until the sweet potato is tender but not soft.