Blood orange cake – with a vegan option. Option given for vegan kale blood orange cake. This Blood Orange Kale Cake is naturally green! The flavour of the kale fades away beneath the zesty orange in the sponge, leaving behind some green goodness, and it's topped with a pale pink citrus buttercream.
Hubbs gets some, drinks it a few times and forgets about it. This is a cake that is made using both the juice and zest of blood oranges. This gives the cake a slight greenish color Report a problem with an order. You can have Blood orange cake – with a vegan option using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blood orange cake – with a vegan option
- It’s 2 of blood or regular oranges, whole.
- Prepare 3 of eggs – or the vegan alternative: 1 flaxseed ‘egg’ (1tbsp ground flaxseed and 2 1/2 tbsp water mixed and settled for at least 10mins) + 2 tbsp apple sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of runny honey – replace with maple syrup if vegan.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cups of ground almonds.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of For a quick syrup.
- Prepare of Juice and zest of 1 orange.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of runny honey – replace with maple syrup if vegan.
- It’s Splash of or two of water.
We take intellectual property concerns very seriously, but many of these problems can be resolved directly by. It is SO cliche to say this, but the holidays are unequivocally my favorite time of year! My tree goes up before Thanksgiving One of my favorite desserts to make is the Vegan Orange Cake recipe I'm sharing with you today. It's topped with a heavenly vanilla coconut whip.
Blood orange cake – with a vegan option instructions
- In a pan of water, boil the two oranges whole for 1 hour. Cool..
- Preheat oven to 160C..
- Once the oranges are cool, blitz in a food processor/ blender til smooth-ish. I like some texture..
- Mix the oranges, honey, eggs and vanilla..
- Add the ground almonds and baking powder. Mix well..
- Put the mix into a lined 20cm baking tin. Bake for 40-45 mins. Let the cake cool in the tin for at least 15 mins..
- The cake is beautiful on its own 😍 But if you want to make a syrup, gently simmer the syrup ingredients in a pan until they reduce a bit. Then either serve on the side. Or make lots of holes in the cake when it’s baked but while still in the tin, and pour the syrup in. Enjoy 😋.
A moist, spongy bundt cake for serious chocolate orange lovers. It has a wonderful flavor balance. It's amazing with a cup of coffee or tea. It's a stop everything you're doing and go make this cake kind of a dessert. This vegan Orange Cake is a dessert I've baked over and over for many years, after first finding the recipe in the Joy of Cooking.