Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting).
You can cook Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting) using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting)
- You need of Cake:.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of flour (Half spelt, half all-purpose flour).
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 1 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of cane sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of (melted) coconut or canola oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated carrots, medium-packed.
- It’s of Frosting:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raw macadamia nuts (soaked, drained, and rinsed).
- You need 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked, drained, and rinsed).
- You need 1/4 cup of almond milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, vanilla, sugar and oil..
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients..
- Fold in the carrots and stir until just combined..
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting..
- Make the frosting: combine all frosting ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth for 1 to 2 minutes or more, scraping down the sides occasionally. You can add an extra tablespoon of milk if necessary to get your blade moving..
- Chill frosting for at least 30 minutes before spreading on the cake..
- Store frosted cake in the fridge..