Curry-Not-Curry Chicken Breasts Stew with Potatoes. Soak it in water to avoid darkening – Prepare coconut. Learn how to make classic Thai chicken curry with potatoes with this simple and easy recipe that's sure to This curry chicken recipe is an instant favorite. Crock Pot Curry Chicken And Potatoes Recipes.
Here, standard weeknight chicken breasts are transformed into a dish that's fragrant and spicy It's very easy to prepare: just make a quick stew of butter, onions, celery, garlic, apple, tomatoes and curry powder Blend that together in a food processor until it forms a thick sauce, then combine with chicken. Curry chicken with potatoes is the most common chicken curry recipe in Malaysia. Everywhere you go where curries are served, you will find this type of chicken curry. You can have Curry-Not-Curry Chicken Breasts Stew with Potatoes using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Curry-Not-Curry Chicken Breasts Stew with Potatoes
- Prepare of [A – blended paste for marinade].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 of chopped green onions.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 inch of fresh ginger (or more if you like).
- You need 1 stalk of lemongrass (crush the base), chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of chicken seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of paprika (you can use chopped chili).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of water (to cover ingredients in blender).
- It’s to taste of salt, pepper.
- You need of [B – To Cook].
- It’s 800 g of – 1kg chicken breast, cubed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need to taste of salt, pepper, sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water/broth.
For the Nyonya in Penang, chicken curry is especially popular and often served with nasi kunyit which is Malaysian coconut milk. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, cinnamon, tomato paste and chicken stock; stir to combine. Chicken curry is common to several countries including India, countries in Asia and the Caribbean (if you are looking for an Asian version I have that recipe HERE). Canned tomatoes – fresh tomatoes will work here too but canned are quicker and easier.
Curry-Not-Curry Chicken Breasts Stew with Potatoes instructions
- Blend ingredients on A list in a blender until it forms a paste. Add water or oil for the consistency and taste of your preference..
- Mix blended paste with cubed chicken breasts and marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat cooking oil in pan, pour marinaded chicken into pan. Cook and stir for approximately 3 – 4 minutes. Until chicken pieces start to cook evenly.
- Season with salt, pepper, sugar; add potatoes, water and cover to cook. It is ready when potatoes are soft when gently poked with a fork..
Chicken breasts – be careful not to over-cook. I find chicken thighs and chicken legs best for instant pot chicken stew. This Chicken Curry instant pot recipe is made in a simple onion-tomato gravy with the aroma of whole spices. But I was not getting the exact favor that comes when she cooks the curry….something Chicken cut into pieces. I used boneless chicken breasts in this recipe, but mom says bone-in.