Italian stuffed chicken breast. Italian-inspired stuffed chicken breasts are loaded with plenty of cheese and seasonings and baked with spaghetti sauce for a crowd-pleasing meal. These Italian stuffed chicken breasts are a delicious way to enjoy chicken for dinner…. again. Especially when it's a staple that you eat week in and week out.
Stuffed chicken breast recipes are always a delicious dinner option and this Gordon Ramsay stuffed chicken breast recipe is the perfect weekend treat! Filled with ricotta cheese, these sage and Parma ham-wrapped stuffed chicken breasts are just too tasty! Tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless, oregano, swiss cheese, butter, bread crumbs. You can cook Italian stuffed chicken breast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed chicken breast
- It’s 1 c of shredded Italian cheese.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs.
- It’s 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- It’s of About 10 stalks kale.
- You need 1/4 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s to taste of Olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and oregano. Pound the chicken breast thin between pieces of cling wrap. Baked Chicken Breasts are stuffed with savory Italian sausage and gooey Mozzarella cheese. It's an easy weeknight meal that's classy enough for company.
Italian stuffed chicken breast step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Remove kale from stems and chop into small pieces. Cook kale & onion in the olive oil until tender, adding salt and pepper to taste. Let cool..
- Mix 3/4 cup of Italian cheese, basil, oregano and kale in a small bowl. Add bread crumbs to a plate. Add egg to another plate and stir in a tiny bit of water..
- Cut one side of chicken breast horizontally to within one half inch of other side. Spread the two sides open like a book. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Fill each chicken breast with kale/cheese mixture and close like a book over filling. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with egg. Press both sides of each chicken breast into bread crumbs so outside is completely coated. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish..
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear, about 45 mins..
- Remove chicken from oven and pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes..
- All done! Serve with pasta and garlic bread..
While it's really easy to make, there are a few steps. The chicken breasts are first lightly pounded (this is essential to quick and evenly cooking. Spread stuffing on flattened chicken breast. Roll breast and wrap. with Parmesan cheese if desired. Try this Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe, or contribute your own.