Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb).
You can cook Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb)
- Prepare 10 of Hot Dogs (Gluten-Free found to have lowest carbs).
- You need 2 tbs of Avacado Oil.
- You need 1 lb of sauerkraut (both solid and liquid).
- You need 3 cups of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of stevia sweetener packet.
- You need 2 tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 1 of shallot or small onion.
- Prepare 2 strips of Bacon.
- You need 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of chives.
Wiener Sauerkraut Soup (Keto/Low Carb) instructions
- Dice onion and bacon into small pieces and put in pot. Fry bacon and onion until browned. delay adding onion by couple of mins if you like crispy bacon..
- Add broth, water, oil, mustard, sweetener, pepper, bay leaves and mustard.
- Measure out sauerkraut making sure there are both solids and liquids (more liquid the more acidic soup – adjust to likeness). Drain liquid into soup then take solids and chop to make less stringy. Add to soup..
- Chop hot dogs in 1/4 of an inch width (can be substituted for sausage). Add to soup. Simmer 15 mins..
- Add pinch of baking soda with 1 tbsp of heavy cream. Stir in. Taste soup add salt as required. Add chives as a garnish..