Vickys Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole, GF DF EF SF NF using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 600 grams of frozen broccoli florets.
- It’s 130 grams of onion, chopped.
- It’s 140 grams of canned sweetcorn, drained.
- Prepare 250 grams of pre-cooked basmati rice.
- You need 250 grams of grated cheese, I use Violife free-from vegan brand.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of Free-From Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- It’s 150 grams of chopped white mushrooms.
- You need 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of sweet rice flour.
- You need 400 ml of good vegetable or chicken stock.
- Prepare 120 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need to taste of black pepper.
Vickys Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and lightly grease a 9"x 13" dish.
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 8 minutes or until cooked through, then drain.
- Meanwhile make the soup.
- Saute the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the oil then set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil over a medium heat and add the sweet rice flour. Stir the flour until it has absorbed the oil and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock a little at a time, constantly stirring and adding a little more until all of it is added. Slowly add in the milk and bring to the boil to thicken.
- Stir in the cooked mushrooms, onion powder, thyme, basil and pepper, then puree half of the soup.
- Mix in the broccoli, sweetcorn, rice, cheese (reserving some for topping), & onion, season to taste with salt & pepper and pour into the greased dish.
- Top with reserved cheese and bake for 30 minutes.