Leek and broccoli spelt risotto – vegan. The Best Spelt Risotto Recipes on Yummly Spelt And Vegetable Risotto, Butternut, Kale & Spelt Berry Risotto, Chicken And Spelt Risotto. Vegan Parmesan Farro Risotto with Garlicky Greens Blissful Basil. filtered.
Drain the spelt and add along with the wine. Trim the broccoli, rinse and cut into florets. Peel the broccoli stalks and chop. You can have Leek and broccoli spelt risotto – vegan using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek and broccoli spelt risotto – vegan
- You need of For the risotto.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped thyme – optional.
- Prepare 1 cup of pearled spelt, rinsed.
- Prepare 500-750 ml of stock.
- Prepare of For the leeks and broccoli.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large leek, sliced.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s Handful of small broccoli florets.
See great recipes for [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto too! Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the leeks for three minutes until softened. Add the spelt and coat in the oil, stir in the wine and cook until reduced by half. Creamy, savory, and the ultimate plant-based comfort food.
Leek and broccoli spelt risotto – vegan step by step
- For the risotto: in a pan, heat the oil and then sauté the onion and garlic and thyme on a low heat for about 10 mins until translucent. Add the spelt and stir for about 1 minute. Start adding the stock about 100ml at a time. The spelt takes about 25mins to cook – it should be tender but still with a bite. You don’t need to stir all the time..
- For the leeks: In another pan, heat the oil on a low- medium heat. Add the leeks. Put a lid on the pan and cook the leeks for about 10 mins until soft. Stir occasionally. When they are ready, squeeze the lemon juice over them..
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli..
- Season the risotto and fold the leeks and broccoli through. Taste for seasoning and lemon – add more if needed. Stir some (veggie/ vegan) parmesan through if you have any. Enjoy 😋.
The Best Vegan Leek Recipes on Yummly Season, then stir through the bacon along with most of the Parmesan and chives, saving a little of each to scatter over before serving. This right here, my friends, is my ultimate vegan comfort food! A super creamy, comforting Vegan Cauliflower Leek Casserole;). Yeah, I just can't seem to let go of the leeks.